Tuesday, February 9, 2016

On Artificial Intelligence

Just at the time in my life when I can hardly put two thoughts together, I have become intrigued by a few Luddites who would stop explorations in Artificial Intelligence [AI] fearing progress in an Intelligent Machine may allow it to improve itself far beyond human intelligence and thus become a danger to mankind.
My first response is, as I have remarked elsewhere; “We are doing what we are designed to do.”  Live with it.
My second response is that, in the foreseeable future, at best AI will become able to clone parts of itself … but will need that Xmas eve nemesis of parents … Some Assembly Required  [SAR] to be applied, or not, by mere humans.
As for sexual reproduction, which aids in infusion of new abilities … if the machines get there, I want to go along.
It is most likely that machine thinking will be directed by built-in read-only algorithms to seek only improvement in controlled areas of thought. So.

Relax! Enjoy the benefits to come!

No comments:

Post a Comment