Friday, October 30, 2015

Provigil

The 1st day that I took 100 mG of modafinil I stayed awake all day.  I hadn’t managed to do that for many months. I wasn’t immediately smarter [whatever that is], but I started doing things rather than just thinking about doing them.  My ‘short term' memory did not completely return, but I didn’t seem to pause as often to remember what to do next. I didn’t tire as quickly when doing projects. I thought my ‘stress tremors’ in my left hand were reduced when clipping my nails, but I found they were not completely gone when I tried to start ‘touch typing’ again instead of ‘two fingering’ everything.
I stopped taking modafinil for a week after I developed a rash on my shoulders and chest. However I have now resumed taking the 100 mG after deciding that the rash may have resulted from getting a pneumonia shot. While not taking the medicine, I once again started sleeping most of the day and at least a full 8 hours at night.
Tonight my BP is 130/67 with a pulse rate of 54. This is about what it has been … with one difference.  Not nearly as many skipped beats.  For me, so far, the effects on modafinil are subtle, but definitely good!

No comments:

Post a Comment